Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Love Vacationing

We got home a few days ago from a great family vacation to southern California. We stayed with Kimi and Jay which was such a great time. I love the rock that Kimi has on her porch part of which says "leave your worries at the door" because truly walking through their front door makes one feel carefree and relaxed. Thanks for letting us stay with you!!

Here are a few pictures of things we did while there:
A day at SeaWorld where the crowds were small and we saw all the shows from the soak zone (not one drop of water though). We fed the dolphins and pet manta rays and star fish. So fun to get up close and personal with such amazing creatures.

SeaWorld has kind of been taken over by Sesame Street. I love this picture of Gray with Bert & Ernie.

Naomi looks like she could keep on going and going and going.

Kory and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary while there so while the kids stayed to play with their cousins we went to dinner. From what I hear this is the hot anniversary spot for folks from Utah staying with Kimi and Jay. It truly was nice. We at at Fisherman's on the pier at sunset.

Yes!! Disneyland!!! Going to Disneyland with kids is so much fun. Watching their faces light up at every turn is incredible. Gray loved the coasters and Naomi could have stayed in fantasyland all day.

Rocky, Namoi, Gray and Byron with Buzz Lightyear.

The last ride of the day and look at those smiles! oh Kimi is that the beginnings of a yawn?


Gray and Kory had their first surfing experience.

Graysen was on cloud nine after being able to stand up a few times. Jay was so good to take him out and make sure he got on his feet.

Yes, the girls stayed bundled up on the beach. Naomi busied herself creating a fairy village in the sand. She did admit to having fun at the beach that day but couldn't wait to get back in the pool.




We spent an evening in Huntington Beach with Josh and Jen Wheeler. The kids had fun at the park (with the exception of Gray who was too wiped out from all the traveling/late nights/early mornings although he did make a comeback to play with legos after the park).
"Just so you know Mom, I want a drum set for Christmas."




5 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you had a great time! There's nothing better than a trip to sunny California when the weather here starts turning cold.

Brooke said...

Good! I was hoping to see more pix of your vacation! I am truly jealous. Your trip was so perfect! You did everything! I didn't know you saw the Wheelers! How awesome! And so great that you could stay with Kimi. Is she the coolest person ever? Because that's what I'm thinking.

Also, happy drum sounds to you this holiday season! :)

Sarah said...

Wow. That looks like the perfect family vacation...something for everyone. We need to plan a trip to Kimi's house! And happy anniversary!

Erin Gong said...

how fun! the surfer dudes look pretty cool.

Mrs B said...

What a fun trip! After snow this weekend I'm ready to head out there for sure! And all those kids are gorgeous!