Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Home for the Holidays

We had a wonderful Christmas spending time with family and friends. It's hard to believe that another year has passed by. Looking back over the past twelve months and thinking about how much has happened I feel blessed. Our family has experienced joy, excitement, restored health, much change, loss, struggles, a depressed economy and we have grown through all of it. Christmas time brings everything together for me, helps me take note of where I am and inspires me to be a better person.

December began by putting up our Christmas tree. This is what our tree looks like to a 7yr old.

The night before Christmas Eve. The kids were too excited to sleep in their rooms so they camped out in the living room.

Getting the table ready for our Christmas Eve dinner. I like to have our fancy meal on Christmas Eve (a tradition from my own childhood) and leave Christmas Day for nothing but playing with new toys, games and leftovers. Honestly the last thing I want to do on Christmas is spend the day cooking. Well, we do make a big breakfast, but it's easy stuff.

Yeah!! Christmas Morning!!

The aftermath of wrappings!!


Even though there wasn't a ton of snow, the kids had to try out their new sleds. We love having the town sledding hill next door. As I sit here now, the street is lined with cars and the hill is full of fresh snow, dozens of kids, sleds, four-wheelers, rhino's, and lots of excited screaming. On Christmas day though, we had it to ourselves.


Naomi heading back with a kitten on her shoulder. The cats follow the kids around like puppy's would. Zeta got some energy out chasing sticks (and cats).

While the kids were sledding, the cats honed their tree-climbing skills. It was pretty funny to watch. I think this was the first time they realized they could climb trees. In the picture above Nacho and Libre are on a branch together, below is Inkie (the more daring of the trio).

It was so much fun to have Dan, Rachel and James as well as Erin and Abe here the day after Christmas. We dipped lots of food and played some great games. I love all of you!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas all around. I'm glad we got to see you! It was a lot of fun.

Sarah said...

I missed seeing this post...wish we could have seen you guys at Christmas time. How fun to have that sledding hill right next door!