Saturday, February 27, 2010

Board Fever

My kids would go snowboarding every day if I let them. Here are a few of our recent adventures. Last Monday we went to Powder Mountain. It was bitter cold, but oh so fun to see how much Gray and Naomi have learned. Gray took one run with me to be my instructor. He was great, giving me pointers and telling me how great I was doing. He made me feel happy to be giving snowboarding another try.

This morning I took Gray and his friend to Beaver Mtn. then headed down to Beaver Bottoms for some cross-country skiing. It's been a long time since I last put on my skis and it was a good thing that the track was all but empty. I had forgotten how much I enjoy cross-country and also how much energy it takes. Hopefully I get up there again soon.

The groomed track I skied with Beaver mountain in the background. I love this part of the country! Every direction I turned there was a different winter sport taking place (including snowmobiling - is that a sport?) and on my way out two buses pulled up do deliver the Special Olympics athletes to compete in snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. How great is that!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh, yay! I'm so glad I checked in on your blog! I am jealous of all your adventures. I love you and your family so much, Jen. You are the BEST! xxoo