Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Number 9

We love Naomi!!  She's always got some sort of plan in the works and keeps busy.  I'm a little late getting pictures of her birthday up, but it was still a fun time and I still want to share.  We had a family party, just the four of us.  I loved it, enjoyed the night together and didn't have to worry about sticking to a schedule.  We started by going rollerblading.
After skating we went to Angie's for dinner, a restaurant known as the place "where the locals eat".
It turned out perfect because our oven was broken (no homemade cake) and Naomi has always wanted to "clean the sink" at Angie's.  The sink is a behemoth of a banana split served in a dish that looks like a kitchen sink. 
We did our best, but I don't think we got more than 1/3 of it eaten but it sure was good.

We love this young lady!  She is a girl who loves to write stories, put together puzzles, do art projects, swing on the monkey bars, play with her cats, cook, play the piano and race scooters with her brother.  Naomi is tough and brave, she is determined and plans to succeed in anything she tries.

4 comments:

Rita said...

...and she's a wonderful FIRST granddaughter! We love you, Naomi! Can't wait to see you again.

Erin Gong said...

Happy birthday Naomi! (Well, just over a month ago...but I like to make my birthdays last as long as possible)

little red hen said...

I can't believe you had another birthday already...I remember your big skating party last year. Seems like that was just the other day!! You are beautiful, hope to see you soon.
bren

Brooke said...

Oh, Naomi, you are the cutest girl ever. How I love you! I hope your birthday was AWESOME! I have never cleaned the sink at Angie's. I think it's high time.

LOVE YOU!