We're well into summer vacation. I'm hearing about boredom more and more, but not too much because my solution always involves work (isn't that how mom's always answer?). Since Gordon was born, we've stuck pretty close to home. Well, I've stuck close to home. Gray's been to Yellowstone, Goblin Valley and scout camp. Both the kids will be heading to Green Bay soon. Then Gray will off again, this time to Ecuador. I'm just enjoying my time at home. It's been a long time since I've been able to hang out with my kids and not worry that the weekend's almost over. Monday morning's no longer find me at the library, but at home doing home things (primarily trying to keep the dishes washed our grass green -ish).
This is a typical summer evening at our house:
Naomi has been doing lots of dress-up. This night found her geared up as a cowgirl.
She rode her trusty dog up into the pasture. I'm not sure what she was after, but she was stalking something for quite a while.
While Naomi saved our homestead from bandits, Gray worked on his longboard skills.
We finished up the night in the garden doing a little weeding and trying to kill off the ever growing population of grasshoppers.

No comments:
Post a Comment