Monday, October 22, 2012

Moab Getaway

The kids had a few days off school so we packed up and headed on our first vacation with Gordon.  The weather was perfect and we could have used another week to actually fit in all the things we wanted to do.  
 We stayed in the cabins at the Moab KOA. 
 I love these two pictures.  Gordon really wants his cheetos!

 Getting ready for a short hike.

 Lots of photographers were gathering to take pics at sunset.  I'm amazed at how many people are camped out all over the park hoping for the best shot.


 While the older boys biked Slickrock, Naomi, Gordon and I went mini golfing and chilled at the cabin.

 The kids favorite place to play - Sand Dune Arch.  They call it "the slot canyon" cause they spend most of their time seeing how far up the narrow canyon they can get.  I remember as a kid that you could jump off the arch into the sand but there's not enough sand to do that anymore.   




1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun trip! I would love to get back to Arches some day. And that's sad about the sand...I definitely remember that as a kid.