Sunday, July 6, 2008
radKIDS
A few weeks ago Gray and Naomi experienced a radKIDS course. They learned how to be safe in different situations and what to do if they encounter a "bad stranger". The first day the kids were pretty quiet about yelling "no", but by the end of the week they had it down. They learn how to fend off a kidnapper with blocks, shin kicks, hammer fists, elbow strikes and peppering the eyes. The week culminated with a final exam where a police officer dressed in a "red man" suit tried to take them in three different situations (trying to convince the child to go with him, trying to guess a childs password, and just physically grabbing the child). The kids did a great job and I was impressed with the program. It was definitely worth the time and Judy, their instructor, was absolutely wonderful.
Gray with the powerful hammer fists. He thought it was pretty exciting to take on a police officer.
Naomi saying "Stay Back! You're not my dad!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Naomi and Gray truly are rad kids. :) I want my kids to do this! It's awesome!
What a great class. I would scream if someone in a red suit like that approached me!
I think my rss feed to your blog just started working b/c I just barely got all these updates!
You should tell Gray and Naomi that I signed up for a self-defense class in college, but I chickened out and dropped the class when they talked about the final exam - a staged attacked by scary guys that I had to hold off with my moves. Way to go Gray and Naomi!
You better watch out! Your kids have the skills to take you down now!
That looks awesome! I will have to look into that for the kids.
Post a Comment