I have very distinct memories of autumn Saturdays as a child. Maybe it's because fall seems to be full of scents, crisp and clear. Raking leaves, apples, burning fields, the air in the morning ... I could go on. Something else I always associate with fall is the sound of a cannon. For a number of years we lived close to a university football stadium and the sound of the cannon with each point scored is directly tied to my memories of working and playing in the back yard during autumn. Last Saturday was one of those perfect autumn days. We skipped out on bike racing and just stayed home.
The kids caught leaves as they fell from the trees. I realize that from this picture it doesn't look like we have that many leaves, but don't worry just out of sight is a field of orange.
I'd been hoping to get up into the canyons for some family pictures before all the leaves were gone but this picture on the back porch might be as close as I get this year.
Naomi, our little monkey loves to climb and be in the trees. Gray has been a great teacher. As soon as the snow hits, they'll take to the pine trees. I have no idea why, but they only seem to climb them in the winter.
The kids and Benny.
When Kory got home from work, he and the kids headed up to the jumps and rode bikes. It's so much fun to have this stuff in our back yard. And even better, it's a common area for bikers to not only ride, but build anything and everything they want. We never know what fun new trails or jumps we'll find, but we always go check it out after we've heard lots of hammering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
beautiful pictures and beautiful grandchildren!
Post a Comment